Discernment.

I feel that the most important skill in this time is that of careful consideration.  We need the ability to see the truth, yet we are bombarded with lies from every possible angle.  How do we know the truth?  Well, how do you know the truth?  
Everyone participates in disinformation, pollution of the truth.  I am doing it now, because my limited words in this limited vocabulary are seeding ideas within you that do not align exactly with your own inner truth.  How could they agree completely when we are all unique, and experience reality from a different perspective?  
Firstly, I sought my inner truth, for without inner understanding, how can we begin to look outside?  
Secondly, due to the intelligence  and guile of some of those sending out their opinions, beliefs and feelings, it can often be useless trying to discern truth of the outside world from the point of view of intelligence.  Rational thinking always comes up against a greater intelligence at some point, and then it can be fooled.  Thus we must fall back only on intuition.  (Must is a stronger word than my intention, yet it is the only one I have.)
I will say that I think that with love, we can feel the truth.  If we feel the love that is within us, our intuition can see beyond any cunning or trickery.  It has been presented to me that intuition cannot be fooled.  I cannot yet say that I agree with this or not, because I have been lazy in my experimentation.  

Tomorrow, apparently, if you believe the internet, some space beings are coming to be our saviours.  My question would be, do we need external saviours when we are each personally responsible for the hell on this world?