Vocabulary.

Following from my previous missive, this is concerning the dumbing down of language.  Often, I am confused when using MSN, due to this fashion of using emoticons.  I have difficulty decoding what people mean.  It is a direct attempt to limit the breadth of our thoughts.  An emoticon is a picture representing an emotion.  How can any picture represent an emotion?  Maybe a masterpiece of classic art can begin to address the subject, but a little yellow blob?  
We click the smiley because we are too lazy to type, "I am happy," yet even this simple reduction takes away much meaning.  The anwers to simple questions of when? and who? are already confused.  I can envision a future where clothing with the capability to display such images will be fashionable, blinding us to the truth that we feel emotion as vibration all the time; and it will cloud that ability of course, more and again.    
Words represent thoughts, the simpler our words, the simple our self-expression, and thus our ability to communicate the inside of us to the outer.
 
There are many other modes of attack, of course, such as text message abbreviations, and again the demon television teaching stupidity, yet I feel that this smiley phenomenon is the most blatant.
So instead of this: :-) ...  try: "I am happy, because what you said is funny, and because I love the way you talk, and we are such good friends. If you could see me, I would be smiling. :-).

Don't let them limit you!